On this tour of Xi’an you are exposed to a memorable mix: the architectural, cultural and religious diversity of the start of the legendary Silk Road and amazing archeological finds.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
On your arrival in Xi’an you will be met at the airport or train station by your guide, who will then transfer you to the pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the city.
Meals included: None
Highlight of today’s tour is the world-renowned Terracotta Army dating from 210 BC. Be amazed by the scale and detail of the thousands of individual terracotta warriors, horses and chariots arranged in battle formation that stand guard in the underground tomb of the first Emperor of China, Qin, to protect him in the afterlife.
Returning to the city center, you’ll be able to explore the 13.75 km Xi’an City Wall encircling the old city, the best preserved of ancient fortifications in China. A stroll along the walkway reveals different sections of this defensive system and offers panoramic views of the surroundings. In the middle of the old block of Xi’an stands the Great Mosque, the oldest and largest Islamic mosque in the country, believed to have been built in the mid-7th century. Arabic and Chinese depictions on the courtyard walls are relics of the importance of Xi’an at the start of the Silk Road trade route. Around the mosque is bustling Muslim Quarter, one of the best food streets in Xi’an where you can find delicious local eats and trade for souvenirs. Before returning to your hotel, the guide will take you to the nearby Drum and Bell Tower Square. Relax as you capture memorable photos and ponder the change in communications from the drum of old to the smart phone of today.
Meals included: Breakfast
Following breakfast, the day’s tour begins at the Shaanxi History Museum, which houses a huge collection of artifacts dating from the prehistoric to the relatively recent past that have formed the rich Shaanxi cultural heritage. You may have an opportunity to enter at the top of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of the most significant Buddhist pagodas in Xi’an, you can observe Xi’an’s 1,400 years of history. Locals can be seen going about their daily activities on a peaceful walk in the temple. Finally you will be transferred to the airport/railway station to catch the flight/train to your next destination. Your memorable Xi’an trip comes to an end.
Note: As the Shaanxi History Museum is closed each Monday, the tour may be altered.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4-Star or 5-Star hotel with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xi’an.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. Please purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).