Experience history at first hand from a rickshaw as you take in the quaint villages of ancient dynasties, or wander the alley ways and houses to see local lifestyle. Reflect on how leisure and gardens have always been an important part of Chinese culture, as shown in the moving designs in the Lingering Garden that have inspired poets, philosophers and legends down the ages.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival at Suzhou train station, you will be met by your local guide and start your Suzhou tour. You will take a rickshaw ride around Pingjiang Road, a well preserved historical block stretching along Pingjiang River, which will take you back in time to its origin during the Tang and Song dynasties. Reflect on the lifestyle of locals as you wander through the small alleys, ancient residences, rivers and bridges of this pocket of history. At the end of the day you will be transferred to the pre-booked hotel.
Meals included: None
Following breakfast you will be picked up and transferred to the Lingering Garden, a large private garden dating back to the Ming Dynasty (1593). The garden is famous for its ingenious layout in four distinct sections and the numerous grotesque stones. Mountains, water and antique buildings form an enchanting landscape exhibiting traditional Chinese garden arts and architecture that invite interest.
Lunch is excluded but your guide is always happy to offer suggestions.
Tongli Water Town has become renowned for its well preserved old buildings, private gardens, temples and traditional dwellings. The town’s location, surrounded by five lakes, makes for charming water scenes and tranquil atmosphere. Feel free to wander the flagstone streets, or stop in at a simple teahouse as you enjoy local melodies.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Suzhou for your departure to the next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: Transfer service between Shanghai airport and Suzhou can be arranged upon request in advance for an additional fee.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English speaking guide.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- 4-Star or 5-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Rickshaw ride at Pingjiang Road.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Suzhou.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinner are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Boat ride at Tongli Water Town.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).