A combination of well-preserved architecture, colorful local people and traditions, water and bridges make a visit to this ancient town a true delight.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby.(Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). Departing from the hotel in our air-conditioned vehicle to take the drive through scenery changing from prosperous metropolis to the picturesque Zhouzhuang Water Town. Water surrounds the town with many clear branching streams, lakes and rivers crossed by ancient stone bridges. Old residences feature black tiles and white walls. The ancient town has a history dating back more than 900 years, many houses having been built in the Ming and Qing dynasties.
A walk along the best tour route takes you to visit local landmarks. Of particular note is Shen House, the 100-room residence formerly owned by the richest man south of the Yangtze River in the early Ming dynasty; and Zhang House built in the mid-15th century. These elegant homes feature peaceful pools, a water gate, wharf and figurines, artwork and folk instruments reflective of the wealth and status of former owners. Echoing through the majestic halls and pavilions of the Chengxu Taoist Temple are close to a thousand years of history, Taoist architecture and masterpieces to add to your memories. Later in the afternoon, you may take a boat trip (at your expense) along the waterways to see Zhouzhuang in a different way.
After the tour in this memorable water town, you will be escorted back to your hotel in Shanghai.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Shanghai.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Boat ride in Zhouzhuang Water Town.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).