Marvel at the business and administrative ingenuity that evolved from this ancient city – in trade, banking, government and defense– that still hold value today. Imagine the lifestyle of prosperous leading families who drove business, when visiting their home compound that has formed the backdrop for a movie.
|Vehicle||Air conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
On your arrival in Pingyao, you will be met by your guide and start the tour.
First stop will be the famous Rishengchang Former Bank, known as the precedent of modern Chinese banks. As the first and largest bank in ancient China, its branches were distributed throughout the whole country and even in some western and south eastern countries. Learn from your guide the stories of the bank’s development and ancient operating system. The Ancient City Wall, built to defend the old city, covers a distance of 7 km (4.4 miles). Walk the wall with your guide to discover the comprehensive defensive system and enjoy the panoramic view of the ancient town. Afterwards take a sightseeing battery car to explore the bustling heart of Pingyao in Ming and Qing Street trading much as it has for 200 years. Check out the hidden gems of these legendary old business as well as the various Ming and Qing style residences and shops you pass.
You will be transferred to the pre-booked hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free for you to relax.
After breakfast at the hotel, the day’s tour begins with exploration of the splendid Qiao Family Mansion owned by a famous business family. Admire the exquisite architectural detail of the large folk house complex comprising over 300 rooms built around different courtyards over 9000 square meters. Delve into folk customs, traditional etiquette and business customs as you explore the treasures remaining in the house.
Return to your vehicle to travel to Shuanglin Temple, a peaceful old temple, where you can absorb the tranquility amidst the smell of incense. Marvel at over 2,000 vividly carved Buddha sculptures and glorious wall paintings. For a different view, take a walk along the top of the surrounding walls of the ancient temple.
The tour concludes when you will be transferred to the train station for the departure to the next destination. Alternatively, you can start your own exploration journey in Pingyao.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Sight-seeing battery car ride in Ming and Qing Street.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Pingyao.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).