A two day tour that will delight intrepid travelers who love nature, photography, and the chance to add unique travel memories to their treasure trove. On day one, you will visit the remarkable Stone Forest, a natural phenomenon of karst limestone pillars in fantastic shapes formed by the movement of the earth 270 million years ago. Drive to Luoping, about two hours away, and find yourself in the midst of an endless sea of yellow rapeseed flower fields. Unleash your inner photographic genius and capture magical moments at sunset before checking in to your hotel in Luoping. Rise early on day two to gather more content for your photographic adventure. Ascend Jinji Peak for a bird’s eye view of the amazing canola fields in full bloom – a stunning and unique perspective you will want to savor. The sightseeing continues at Jiulong Waterfalls nearby. Prepare yourself for a contemplative experience as you walk up the mountain to finally soak up the glorious panoramic view from the observation deck at the top. Inclusive of accommodation, transfers, and an English speaking guide who wants you to thoroughly enjoy your experience, this wonderful travel adventure can be taken on its own or in conjunction with other tours in the region, China or Indochina. Just ask us and we’ll take care of every detail.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start the tour when your local guide and driver collect you from your hotel in Kunming and drive about 1.5 hours to the fascinating Stone Forest. Here you can marvel at the phenomenon of the broad expanse of karst limestone pillars in fantastic shapes that resemble a forest when viewed from a distance. Formed by the movement of the earth 270 million years ago, through exposure to wind and running water, these extraordinary formations are of considerable interest to geologists. Remarkably, the forest itself remains home to the Yi minority people, renowned for their diligent work ethic, vibrantly colorful embroidery, and traditional dancing. Leave the Stone Forest and enjoy a leisurely drive to Luoping, about two hours away. It’s here you’ll discover the content for your photographic adventure. On arrival, the guide will take you to the seemingly endless canola fields covered in brightly colored yellow rapeseed flowers. Take time to savor the experience and capture beautiful images of the magnificent sunset that provides the stunning backdrop to this scene. Once you’ve had your fill of photography for the day, the guide will take you to the hotel in Luoping for check in. Relax for the evening or step out to enjoy the local dining options.
Meals included: None
Note: Our local guide will contact you in advance to arrange the pick up time from your hotel.
Today requires an early start if you have your heart set on a sunrise photo shoot. To capture the most stunning travel memories – think mist covered fields of rapeseed flowers – your guide will take you to Jinji Peak (Golden Rooster Peak) for a bird’s eye view of the amazing canola fields in full bloom.
The sightseeing continues at Jiulong Waterfall (Nine Dragons Waterfall) nearby, where you’ll encounter spectacular waterfalls that ‘step’ down the mountain into the valley and river below. Feel the aliveness and beauty in the forest with the scent of canola in the air as you meander through the valley on a bamboo raft.
Today’s activities conclude with your return to the hotel in Kunming, about three hours drive away.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: There is much to see and do in and around Kunming, particularly for the nature lover and photographer looking for beautiful travel memories. If that’s you, why not take advantage of the opportunity while you’re in the region and extend this tour by visiting Xingyi in Guizhou, where the stunning Wanfenglin Scenic Area is located. Making travel plans like this is easy. Just let us know and we’ll take care of every detail. Just ask us!
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Accommodation: hotels based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Kunming
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).