History buffs will enjoy this fantastic one day tour offering insights to the remarkable history of two ancient villages in proximity to Huangshan. Visit Xidi Village, famous for its beautifully preserved Huizhou architecture, culture, art, and scientific development, some of which remains in operation today. Learn the way merchants thrived during the Ming and Qing Dynasties, laying the foundations for the town’s capacity to endure. More history and culture await in Hongcun Village, one location used for filming of the famous movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Offering the chance to immerse yourself in historical China, on this tour you’ll be accompanied by a local English speaking guide. It is inclusive of all transfers and as a private tour, it offers the flexibility of being booked with other single or multi-day tours in and around Huangshan – or anywhere else in China. Enquire now.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your tour when your local guide and driver meet you at your hotel in Huangshan City. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time.)
For the first part of today’s adventure travel to Yi County to start your exploration of Huizhou culture.
First stop is Xidi Village which has remained relatively unchanged for almost a thousand years. Pass by Governor Hu Wenguang’s Archway, one of the many in the region, and note a sense of prosperity and power gleaned from the splendor of former merchant homes with grandiose courtyard gardens, quaint lattice windows, wonderful wall paintings and intricate wood or stone carvings or architecture. Soak up the charm of the village as you roam the laneways.
Keep moving and further indulge your appreciation of the natural environment, especially when blended aesthetically, Hui-style, with the 900 year old built environment of Hongcun Village. Layout and architecture dates from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Note the artistry in the beautiful wood carvings adorning buildings as you soak up picturesque rural scenery featured in the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Return to Huangshan City where the tour concludes.
Note: For an additional charge, bikes can be hired to explore the tranquil environment and idyllic surroundings around Hongcun Village.
Note: There is much to see and do in and around Huangshan. This one day tour can be combined with any other small group or private tours, allowing you to take advantage of your available time in Huangshan. We can take care of all the arrangements. Just ask us!
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Huangshan City
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Hotel accommodation
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).