Enjoy in this tour an interesting blend of ancient built environment with its own wonderful characteristics, combined with challenging hikes around the magnificent quirky natural scenery of one of China’s sacred, mystical mountains.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival in Huangshan, your guide and driver will greet you and transfer you to the pre-booked hotel for check-in, before preparing for a visit to Tunxi Old Street. Take your time strolling the area, exploring the local culture, sampling delicacies or tea, investigating the local crafts, maybe having calligraphy prepared to order. Should you choose to have dinner here, your guide will be happy to recommend some highly rated local restaurants. After a satisfying day you will be returned to the hotel.
Meals included: None
Be prepared for an amazing venture today hiking to experience the sheer delight of being surrounded by phenomenal natural wonders.
Good to know:
You will have an overnight stay on the mountain today. It is recommended to travel light by taking just some carry-on items, including a jacket, when hiking. Your guide will help you with storage of heavy luggage. In addition, for environmental protection hotels on the mountain will not provide disposable toiletries, so please carry your own.
Following breakfast in the comfort of the hotel, a one hour drive will take you to the foot of Mt Huangshan. Your full day guided tour of the mountain begins with the first section of a 6.5 km hike from Yungu Temple, known as the south gate of Mt Huangshan, to White Goose Ridge, the best position from which to watch the ‘east sea of clouds’ and absorb the magnificent scenery of forest covered rugged peaks. This section of the hike to White Goose Ridge taking about three hours is comparatively easy to cover, favoring you with views of the winding brook and peculiar rock Immortal Pointing the Way that cannot be seen from a cable car.
A buffet lunch will fortify you for the 850 meters trek to Begin-to-Believe Peak, taking 2 to 3 hours. Along the way be enchanted by the spectacular scenery of distorted rocks and many imaginatively-named trees such as Black Tiger Pine, Leading Pine and Couple Pine. A panorama of magical, mystical seas of floating clouds pierced by daunting karst formations arouses a sense of wonder when standing on the Zither platform at the peak. Enjoy the buffet dinner and overnight stay in the pre-booked hotel on the mountain.
Meals included: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch & Dinner
Weather permitting you may see the amazingly beautiful spectacle of Mt Huangshan at sunrise.
Tips: If staying in the Beihai Hotel, fantastic sunrise scenery can be viewed at Lion Peak. Purple Cloud Peak is the best view point near Xihai Hotel. Hotels on the mountain will forecast the weather and the probability of catching sunrise scenery next day.
Hiking then continues to West Sea Grand Canyon, the most adventurous as well as the most beautiful section, carefully descending the steep cliff, while admiring truly incredible landscapes of peaks towering through clouds. Almost four hours is needed for a round trip of the area covering three essential parts: 1st ring; 2nd ring; and bottom of the canyon.
Note: Be sure to take water with you. As the stairs are steep and narrow all the way, this trip is best suited to those in good health with sturdy knees. Alternatively there is a monorail that may be taken part of the way to save energy.
Enjoy a buffet lunch in the hotel before going on to explore spots nearby. Bright Summit, one of the three main peaks of the mountain, is only 430 meters from the hotel. Another 740 meters along you will reach Flying over Rock, a gigantic rock standing upright on a rock platform.
Following a hike back to the hotel, relax over a buffet dinner and overnight stay.
Meals included: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch & Dinner
A second morning on the mountain offers another chance to see the magical sunrise if you were not able to capture the spectacle before.
After breakfast, set out on a 1.1 km hike to One Hundred Ladders located on the cliff of Lotus Peak. Walk through the steep ladder formed by two massive stones: one looks like a turtle and another like a snake, mist wreathing all year around. Progress another 786 meters to reach the famous Greeting Guest Pine, an 800-year-old tree looks like a hospitable host who stretches his arm and gives a warm welcome for your coming. The last destination, Celestial Capital Peak, is 839 meters away. Climb up the 1564 stairs to the top, passing Carp Back Rock, the most thrilling section with a simple one-meter-wide path hanging over the abyss. Lima Temple marks the end of your hike, when you will be transferred to the airport or railway station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Meals: Buffet lunch and dinner on Mt Huangshan.
- Shuttle bus to the foot of the mountain.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Huangshan.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded (except on Mt Huangshan)allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).