Enjoy a two day holiday in beautiful Hangzhou and Qiandao Lake. Visit the icons of Hangzhou, including West Lake, Feilai Peak, and Lingyin Temple. Make like a local and visit an operating tea plantation where you can acquaint yourself with all the very best of Chinese tea traditions. Travel from Hangzhou to Qiandao Lake. Known by locals as Thousand Island Lake, you’ll quickly understand why when you take in the view from Meifeng Peak. Return to Hangzhou to conclude the tour. Including all transfers, a friendly knowledgeable local guide, road travel in a new, airconditioned vehicle, this tour can be taken on its own or added to any other China tour travel arrangements.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
After breakfast, you’ll be collected from your hotel to commence today’s exploration. First stop is the Hangzhou’s famous landmark, West Lake. There will be a stop here to observe Red Carp Pond, one of top ten famous views of the West Lake. So named for the thousands of red carp that inhabit the waters there, Red Carp Pond is a definite photo opportunity.
West Lake is ideal for a leisurely boat cruise that affords a different perspective of the serenity provided by the natural scenery, historic pagodas, and stunning pavilions. Scenes that conjure up images portrayed by scholars and philosophers are inspired by spots along the way: the Three Pools Mirroring the Moon and Su Causeway.
From West Lake, enjoy a relaxed drive to Feilai Peak. Wonder at the persistence of many who’ve created the hundreds of ancient Buddhist rock carvings over various different time periods. A visit to Lingyin Temple will impress. As one of the most famous Buddhist temples in China, it is impressive in size and design. Marvel at ornately painted halls and ceilings in the smell of incense. Your guide will share the compelling historical legends behind the temple.
The final stop on today’s adventure offers picturesque views of an operating tea plantation surrounded by verdant tea fields. Get a close look at how tea grows on the rolling terraces and even pick some leaves if your visit coincides with the harvest season. Learn about how integral tea is to Chinese culture and custom at the China Tea Cultural Museum where collections of tea varieties, tea sets and machines for making tea can be found.
From Hangzhou, you’ll travel two hours by road to Qiandao Lake, located in Chun’an. Your guide will assist with hotel check in.
Meals included: None
Note: Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time.
After breakfast, you will be treated to a wonderful day at Qiandao Lake. Here you’ll take a boat and cruise the man-made lake, then climb Meifeng Peak, considered the ideal location for taking in the ‘thousand island’ view that encompasses the lake itself and 1,078 ‘islands’ found in the lake.
A stop at Dragon Mountain Island and a number of ancient historical temples and academies built in Ming dynasty rounds out today’s activities. Your guide will return you to your hotel in Hangzhou to conclude the tour.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: If you would like to depart from Qiandao Lake and transfer to Huangshan, please let us know. We can assist with any travel arrangements within China, including the purchase of train tickets and other tours such as in Huangshan.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English speaking guide
- Ground transport with licensed drivers in air conditioned vehicles
- 4-star or 5-star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy
- Boat ride on Qiandao Lake
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Hangzhou
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).