There is much to delight in this tour combining an awesome natural wonder in the waterfall with an experience of an ancient minority culture that takes you back in time.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your day trip starts when you are picked up from your hotel in Guiyang by the guide (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time) and taken on a 2.5 hour drive to reach the spectacular Huangguoshu Waterfall, the largest in China and the largest in the cluster of falls on the Baishui River. Viewing platforms enable you to capture different views of this natural phenomenon – from the pavilion in front of the falls and from a viewing aisle in a cave behind the curtain of water. A long escalator carries you to the exit.
Gain a sense of the military culture in Tianlong Ancient Castle, where residents are descendants of the army in the Ming dynasty Hongwu period (1368-1398). Residents still adhere to the Ming dynasty’s way of life, language, costume, houses, religious faith and lifestyle. As you stroll the streets taking in the atmosphere of this piece of history, your guide will share interesting information and anecdotes about the village’s history and attractions. Of particular note is the type of architecture, especially the distinctive forts resonant of defense capability, and stone houses in military color built around a courtyard. Take time out for a cup of herbal tea before attend the local Ground Opera performance of one of the oldest plays that combines a worship ceremony with entertainment.
You will then be returned to your hotel in Guiyang.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Battery car and one-way long escalator at Huangguoshu Waterfall.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Guiyang.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).