There is much to delight in this tour combining awesome natural wonders in the national park and waterfall with an experience of an ancient minority culture that takes you back in time.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
On arrival in Guiyang, your English speaking guide will greet you at the airport or train station and escort you to the pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day is available for you to enjoy at your leisure.
Meals included: None
Your tour begins when you are picked up from the hotel and taken on a 2.5 hour drive to reach the spectacular Huangguoshu Waterfall National Park. Unfolding before you are breathtaking views of green carpeted mountains and crystal streams, views reminiscent of many landscape paintings. The Huangguoshu Waterfall is the largest in China and the largest in the cluster of falls on the Baishui River. Viewing platforms enable you to capture different views of this natural phenomenon – from the pavilion in front of the falls and from a viewing aisle in a cave behind the curtain of water.
Lunch is left for your own arrangement: either bring food with you or try some of the local specialties from the vendors.
Step back in time to gain a sense of the military culture in Tianlong Ancient Castle, where residents are descendants of the army of the Ming dynasty Hongwu period (1368-1398). Residents still adhere to the Ming dynasty’s way of life, language, costume, houses, religious faith and lifestyle. Drum towers, stone houses and artificial channels, are bound in tradition. As you stroll the streets taking in the atmosphere of this piece of history, your guide will share interesting information and anecdotes about the village’s history and attractions. Of particular note is the type of architecture, especially the distinctive forts resonant of defense capability, and stone houses in military color built around a courtyard. Take time out for a cup of herbal tea before attending the local Ground Opera performance of one of the oldest plays that combines a worship ceremony with entertainment. Watch locals dressing up and wearing exquisitely crafted wooden masks and learn about the history and culture of the village.
You will then be transferred back to to the hotel in Guiyang.
Meals included: Breakfast
Your guide and driver will pick you up from the hotel and transfer you to the airport or the train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Battery car and one-way long escalator at Huangguoshu Waterfall.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Guiyang.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).