For an appreciation of the enduring cultural diversity in China, this tour provides a memorable immersion experience in ancient ethnic cultures, living and community, with visits to three Dong villages.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning you will be picked up from your Guilin hotel (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time) and escorted to the train station to catch the high speed train to Congjiang, the nearest train station to Zhaoxing in Guizhou province, a region famous for the large number of ethnic Dong villages. In the afternoon, you will visit the Tang’an Dong Village and Zhaoxing Dong Village which are nestling amongst green terraces surrounded by mountains. In both locations you will be able to experience the charm of the drum towers, appreciate the scenic settings, the distinctive architecture in the houses and enjoy the practical and romantic stories surrounding the unique wind-rain bridge. At an enjoyable Dong ethnic dancing and singing show in the evening, you will be able to savor the hospitality and simplicity of local people. Have your peaceful night at the boutique hotel in Zhaoxing.
Trekking option：If you are interested in hiking you may enjoy the option of a 2.5-hour hike from Tang’an Dong Village with enchanting landscapes and real-life scenarios of the locals along the way to Zhaoxing Dong Village.
Meals included: None
In what is widely considered an ecological museum, exploration of the amazing Zhaoxing Dong Village continues. Here you can absorb some of the mysterious lifestyle and culture the local Dong group. Further immersion in Dong culture can be experienced when you are driven by car to Jitang Dong Village, where you can see the local minority rural life as you stroll through the village.
At the end of your visit in Zhaoxing, you will be transferred to Congjiang train station and escorted back to Guilin by bullet train, for return to your hotel in Guilin or transfer to the airport/train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent private English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation in Zhaoxing: Boutique hotel with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Return high speed train tickets Guilin/Congjiang (2nd class seats).
- Pick up and return to your hotel in Guilin.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Guilin.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).