Experience from the water the magnificent scenery of the Li River and become immersed in the rural lifestyle of unique ethnic minorities in ancient Dong villages, widely recognized as a cultural ecosystem.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide will pick you up from your hotel at the scheduled time (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time) to drive directly to Mopanshan Pier, where you will board for a stunning cruise on the Li River. Your craft takes you through a fascinating landscape of rolling hills, steep cliffs, murmuring springs, leisure boats and lined bamboos.
Your Li River cruise ends at the ancient town of Yangshuo, where you can appreciate the local traditional ethnic culture with a 1400 year history. There is much to absorb in the amazing scenery and the blend of local and western cultures in West Street with its vibrant shops and restaurants. After enjoying the breathtaking scenery of Yangshuo, you will be transferred to your designated hotel.
Meals included: Lunch on the Li River cruise
Note: Although lunch is included in the Li River cruise ticket, your local guide can help you arrange an alternative before boarding the boat.
After the breakfast, you will be escorted to Guilin train station for a ride on the high speed train to Congjiang, the nearest train station to Zhaoxing in Guizhou province, a region famous for its many Dong villages. Admired as the most beautiful of the Dong villages, Zhaoxing Dong Village features a Drum Tower cluster, comprising five drum towers of varying appearance, height, size and style. Appreciate the unique architectural style of the wind-rain bridge with its practical and romantic background and take pleasure in the people’s love of performance evident in the five drama stages. Be treated to a performance and hospitality by enjoying an evening of Dong ethnic dancing and singing show by the local people. Have your peaceful night at the boutique hotel in Zhaoxing.
Trekking option：If you are interested in hiking you may enjoy the option of a 2.5-hour hike from Tang’an Dong Village with enchanting landscapes and real-life scenarios of the locals along the way to Zhaoxing Dong Village.
Meals included: Breakfast
Continue your exploration of the amazing Zhaoxing Dong Village with a visit to the ecological museum. A local ethnic group offers an understanding of the unique lifestyle and culture of the Dong people. Afterwards you will be taken by car to Jitang Dong Village nearby, nestling amongst green terraces surrounded by mountains. Enjoy a walk through the peaceful village for a taste of vivid local life and enjoy the wonderful scenery.
At the end of your visit in Zhaoxing, you will be transferred to Congjiang train station and escorted back to Guilin by train, for return to your hotel in Guilin or transfer to the airport/train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- 4-Star or 5-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast in Yangshuo and boutique hotel accommodation in Zhaoxing with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Boat trip on the Li River including lunch.
- Return high speed train tickets Guilin/Congjiang (2nd class seats).
- Pick up and return to your hotel in Guilin.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights to/from Guilin (except the trains of Guilin / Congjiang /Guilin).
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation in Guilin.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded (except the lunch on Li River cruise) allowing you to flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).