This tour takes you to the heart of China’s agricultural ingenuity and scenic wonder in the rice terraces and an immersion experience in unique ethnic minority rural life of ancient Dong villages, widely recognized as a cultural ecosystem.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning you will be picked up from your Guilin hotel and travel by air-conditioned vehicle to Longsheng and its world famous Longji Rice Terraces. A climb up the rice terraces will reveal a breathtakingly beautiful landscape of natural and engineered wonder. Large scale rice paddies forming the terraces show an ingenious way of making fullest use of scarce arable land and water resources.
A two hour drive through the countryside will take you to Zhaoxing Dong Village, admired as the most beautiful of the Dong villages. Amongst features of note is the Drum Tower cluster, comprising five drum towers of varying appearance, height, size and style. Admire the unique architectural style of the wind-rain bridge, with its practical and romantic background and take pleasure in the people’s love of performance evident in the five drama stages. Be treated to performance and hospitality by enjoying an evening of Dong ethnic dancing and singing show by the local people. You will have a peaceful night in your boutique hotel in Zhaoxing.
Meals included: None
After breakfast, continue your exploration of the amazing Zhaoxing Dong Village with a visit to the ecological museum. A local ethnic group offers and understanding of the unique lifestyle and culture of Dong people. Afterwards you will be taken to Tang’an Dong Village nearby, nestling amongst green terraces surrounded by mountains. Enjoy a walk through the peaceful village, a taste of vivid local life and the wonderful scenery.
The tour concludes when you are transferred back to your Guilin hotel or the airport/train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent private English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Hotel accommodation in Zhaoxing with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Pick up and return to your hotel in Guilin.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Guilin.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation in Guilin.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).