Make marvelous memories on this tour taking in the desolation of the fascinating Gobi seeped in legends of passing trading caravans along the Silk Road, structured battlements of the Great Wall holding back the hordes and unique geological forms. Photographic opportunities abound.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your tour begins at 8:30am when your guide and driver pick you up from your hotel in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle for the one hour drive to Yumenguan Pass. Admire the scenery along the way, changing from bustling city to desolate Gobi. Get a close-up look at the site of the Yumenguan Pass, named for the many jade caravans passing through and hear stories about its past prosperity. Picture the busy scene of this important pass with many caravans coming and going every day in ancient times compared with today’s desolate view.
Afterwards make a stop at the best preserved part of the Great Wall of the Han Dynasty, standing large in comparison to the famous Badaling Great Wall and Mutianyu Great Wall. With limited available materials, this section was built with a mixture of sand, dirt, rose willow, reed and apocynum (a species of Indian hemp).
Take a walk to get closer and learn more stories of the wall and photograph the remains of the 2200 year old structure.
Another hour-long drive will take you to your next destination to explore the Yadan National Geologic Park. On a cable car ride through the park, be intrigued by the phenomena of rocks formed naturally by erosion to appear in amazing shapes – like a lion, a peacock, a pyramid and the sphinx. Constant weather effects mean the present shapes will also gradually change.
The tour concludes at approximately 6:30 pm. After a whole day’s trip in the fascinating Gobi, relax in your comfortable vehicle to be driven back to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Cable car ride at Yadan National Geologic Park.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and train to/from Dunhuang.
- China visa.
- Hotel Accommodations.
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: lunch is excluded so you are free to choose cuisines, while guides will give recommendations and guide you there. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. Please purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstance.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).